Watanabe Seitei, Bird on Branch Watching Spider, 19th-early 20th (source).
Futurama - Insane In The Mainframe
Curtis has been making me watch “Married With Children.” Every time I look away from the TV, I see Leela, & feel better about my choices.
People who swear a lot tend to be more honest, loyal and upfront with their friends.
— (via psych-facts)
I swear a lot.
Like…A LOT.(via carlosison)
So fucking true.
The Kelpies, by Andy Scott.
Each is 300 tons and 30 meters (~98 ft) of steel. Near Falkirk, Scotland, “They pay homage to the tradition of working horses which once pulled barges along Scotland’s canals.”
Five For Friday
01. Fuck It, I’m Having More Wine = battle cry.
02. Every time Tom Baker starts talking, I start purring.
03. I held penguindownunder’s baby today. I had forgotten what newborns are like. ~Such cries, many squirm, wow.~ I don’t care what she says, I LIKE the O’Toole chin.
04. “Que Sera Sera” is one of the lullabies I sing to Sid. Or as he calls it, “Worse Or Worse.”
05. Our lilac is blooming. Lilac season is one of my favorite seasons, and is also the time of year C&I met for the very first time.
Pierre Jahan Young Girls, Montmartre, Paris c.1938
I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions — tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on — and the fact that lots of people break down and cry when confronted with my pictures shows that I communicate those basic human emotions… The people who weep before my pictures are having the same religious experience I had when I painted them. And if you, as you say, are moved only by their color relationships, then you miss the point!
Have you ever had a strong emotional experience when viewing a work by Rothko?
Here is my idea to combat street harassment. I could carry an airhorn around, and when men make harassing comments to me, I will blow it in their face. And if they call me a name or yell at me after, I’ll be like, “OH DID SOMEONE MAKE A HEINOUS AND OFFENSIVE NOISE AT YOU? WAS THAT UNPLEASANT?”